Advice for our patients
Routine dentistry during COVID-19 requires the correct social distancing measures and personal protective equipment to be in place.
Putney Dentists is open as usual
We are proud to be very safe
Our Dentists and the team have been trained in oral health care but also infection prevention and control too. Putney dentists is well-versed in providing safe care and having excellent cross-infection control for many years, using personal protective equipment.
The experience of visiting us will be different now, but we remain a safe place to be.
You might need to be patient
For Putney Dentists, their priorities are likely to be:
• Patients needing urgent care
• Patients at higher risk of oral disease and
• Patients with outstanding treatment needs.
The reason for the long waits is not just because of the backlog, but also because there’s a lot more disinfection of surgeries required after each treatment. Sometimes, you have to wait before you can be seen.
Calling the practice
Please make sure you keep your appointment if you have one; it’s going to be safe and it’s important we don’t waste limited resources. If you can’t make an appointment, we may be able to offer it to someone else who really needs it.
If you’re looking for care, you may receive initial remote advice via the phone or video call. This may lead to advice being given or the arrangement of an appointment if the dentist deems it necessary. Some routine care like a check-up might be delayed.
Please be assured that we are working within the current guidelines issued by governments and are doing our best to help patients wherever possible.
Receptionists are also doing their best to ensure that priority cases are treated as soon as possible. We know it can be stressful, but we are doing our best to help.
What are the appointments like?
We are using personal protective equipment such as mask, gloves and aprons and social distancing measures to keep staff and patients safe.
• If you call to make an appointment, you will be asked some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again at your appointment to see if anything has changed since you booked
• You will probably be asked to use hand sanitiser or to wash your hands when you arrive (and again before you leave)
• You might also be asked to wear a mask in the waiting rooms if you can
• You will also find that waiting rooms might look a little different with two metre markers in place
• You will also notice that the dental team may be wearing different protective equipment to what you are used to seeing – this will be to increase your protection
• Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
How you can help:
• Please do not arrive without an appointment
• With the exception of children and persons in need, patients should come alone
• Patients should attend wearing a mask if possible or be prepared to wear one. A distance of at least two metres mush be observed if another patient is present in the dental practice
• Please do not arrive early to the practice. If necessary, you should wait outside the practice or in our second waiting room
• Staff will not shake your hand
• Please click on the following link to watch a video of Putney Dentists' patient journey: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9B43jdzQNKU
Putney Dentists team
Arrange your appointment today
The invisible way to straighten teeth
Restoring your teeth
While enhancing their appearance
Meet our team
We are delighted to help you smile
If you are new to Putney or are one of our many established patients please ring to arrange an appointment with us today.
If you would like to have the perfect straight smile without having to wear unsightly braces or wires then please ask for more details next time you visit.
Today's crowns are long-lasting and realistic, and those used for visible front teeth are often created from porcelain to give a more natural look.
Our dental team is committed to providing quality care, continually reinvest in new equipment and regular up to date training for all our team.